Starting next week and running to the end of February, we hope to feature guest posts here on the topic of Christianity and Violence – A Conversation about the Life of the Church at the Intersection of Brokenness and Hope. We hope to navigate this topic from a variety of angles and perspectives, and we’d love to hear from you about submitting a post. Among the topics we’d like to see addressed are the following:
- Interpersonal violence/abuse and the best ways to deal with this in the church
- Christian participation in the military
- Stories of violence in Scripture
- Testimonies of God’s action in non-violent resistance
- Theological and biblical perspectives on Jesus’s teaching regarding violence
- Practices for peace-making
- Just war theory and pacifism
So if you’re interested in contributing, contact us! Original posts would be great, but if you have content that currently exists on your blog and would like us to repost it here, we’ll consider that too. Again, we’d like to begin running these pieces on the week of February 17th, so get in touch with us as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!