Pastoral ministry in this current cultural moment is a disorienting enterprise. Pastors are trying to maintain meaningful connection with their communities in the midst of a pandemic, while navigating racial distress, economic upheaval, and a political maelstrom that will only become more divisive as we approach Election Day. How does one lead holistically, and from a deep center? How does one create a formational environment conducive for the Spirit to powerfully work in our lives and in those of our congregants?
Rich Villodas, lead pastor of New Life Fellowship in Queens, NY and the author of The Deeply Formed Life invites you to a free online event to learn more about his ambitious reframing of formation, a reframing that will move us towards a paradigm of discipleship that wrestles faithfully with the moment we are in.
In this event, you will learn about Rich’s five transformative values to root us in the way of Jesus:
• Contemplative Rhythms: slowing down our lives to be with God
• Interior Examination: looking beneath the surface of our lives to live free and love well
• Racial Justice: examining a multi-layered approach to pursuing racial justice and reconciliation
• Sexual Wholeness: exploring how our sexuality connects with our spirituality
• Missional Presence: living as the presence of Christ in a broken and disengaged world
In an increasingly fractured time, where little common ground can be found, these pathways can transform lives from the inside out and empower people to follow Jesus in the midst of the many divisive, pressing issues of our day. Join us for this special event and experience a deeper way to live and lead.