Grab Your Earbuds and Let the Downloading Begin!
All the audio from our 2nd North American gathering, Being Truly Human: Re-Imagining the Resurrectional Life, is now available.
Over 600 leaders from all over Canada and the United States gathered two months ago at Alfred Street and Downtown Baptist Churches just outside Washington DC for 3 days of presentation and conversation around some of the most significant issues and opportunities facing the Church in our day related to our human identity and the embodied witness of the Church. As many have recounted, the discussions and relationships that developed over these days were profound and encouraging. Whether you were there or not, now is your chance to listen in on anything you might have missed or want to return to for more reflection.
What's Available? Lots!
- 10 Plenary talks (Download bundle)
- 5 Conference-focused Conversation Forums (Download bundle)
18 Topical Conversation Forums (Download first session bundle | Download second session bundle).
Note: Each session covers the same 9 topics, but features different presenters engaging these issues and one another.
- 28 Different Workshops (Download first 14 | Download second 14)
What if I am just looking for individual talks? Sure thing!
- Reclaiming the Resurrection | Brian Zahnd and Cherith Nordling
- Reflecting the New Humanity | Efrem Smith and Ben Witherington
- Living Your Resurrectional Identity | MaryKate Morse, Amos Yong, Jonny Grant
- Cultivating a Resurrected Witness Together | David Fitch and Brenda Salter McNeil
- Celebrating a Resurrection-Shaped Faith | Jim Baucom
Conference Conversation Forums
Reimagining the Resurrectional Life:
Stories & Perspectives for Ministry & Mission
- David Fitch, Meghan Good, Mandy Smith, Amos Yong
- Bruxy Cavey, Lisa Sharon Harper, Brian Zahnd, Nikki Toyama-Szeto
- Leroy Barber, Deb Hirsch, Carolyn Custis James, Ben Witherington
- Jacky Gatliff, Jonny Grant, Roger Olson, Efrem Smith
- Keith Matthews, Jo Anne Lyon, Cherith Nordling, Howard-John Wesley
Topical Conversation Forums
POWER, PRIVILEGE & CLASS: BARRIERS & POSSIBILITIES UNDER CHRIST'S RESURRECTED LORDSHIP
- Leroy Barber, Charlie Self, Jo Anne Lyon, Lisa Rodriguez-Watson
- Corey Widmer, Dennis Edwards, Cote Soerens, Lisa Sharon Harper
A KINGDOM VISION FOR INTIMACY, DESIRE, AND SEXUAL PRACTICE
- Eve Tushnet, Dave Fitch, Jonny Grant, Deb Hirsch
- Tim Keel, Bruxy Cavey, Christopher West, Eve Tushnet
GRAPPLING WITH RACE & RECONCILIATION AS RESURRECTED SONS & DAUGHTERS
- Don Coleman, Nikki Toyama-Szeto, Brenda Salter McNeil, Natasha Sistrunk Robinson
- Leroy Barber, Helen Lee, Brenda Salter McNeil, Brian Zahnd
HUMAN IDENTITY & THE (RE)CREATED ORDER
- Alexie Laushkin, Tim Keel, Deborah Loyd, Tim Soerens
- Alexie Laushkin, Mandy Smith, Amos Yong, Tim Soerens
MADE (AND REMADE!) IN THE LIKENESS OF GOD: LIVING INTO GOD’S INTENTIONS FOR OUR GENDERED IDENTITY
- Carolyn James, Ben Witherington, Roger Olson, Judy Douglas
- Dave Fitch, Jo Anne Lyon, Cherith Nordling, Wayne Faison
DISCIPLESHIP AS TRANSFORMATION: LIVING & WORKING AS PEOPLE OF THE RESURRECTION
- Keith Matthews, Corey Widmer, Fred Liggin, Lisa Sharon Harper
- Charlie Self, Don Coleman, Natasha Sistrunk Robinson, Deborah Loyd
BODIES, PLACES, & MISSION: THE ALREADY-NOT YET WITNESS OF THE CHURCH IN CULTURE
- Cote Soerens, Brian Zahnd, Meghan Good, Wayne Faison
- Mia Chang, Efrem Smith, Jonny Grant, Travis Collins
RESURRECTING LEADERSHIP: STEWARDING THE SPIRIT'S WORK IN MINISTRY & MISSION
- Mandy Smith, Nicole Unice, Bruxy Cavey, Efrem Smith
- Jacky Gatliff, Keith Matthews, Mark Brewer, Tara Beth Leach
Session 1 Workshops
- A Human Take on Worship & the Arts | David Bailey & Mandy Smith
- Being Human in Community: Why & How We Practice Discernment Together | Bruxy Cavey & Keas Keasler
- Economic Shalom: New Strategies for Church Engagement | Lisa Sharon Harper & Charlie Self
- Embodied Leadership: The Secret of Effectiveness & Creativity in Ministry | Deborah Loyd & MaryKate Morse
- For Such a Time as This: Women, Religion, Violence, & Power | Brenda Salter McNeil & Natasha Sistrunk Robinson
- From Franchised Faith to Local Imagination: Re-Imagining the Church for the 21st Century | Michael Binder, Sara Jane Roxburgh Walker & Tim Soerens
- Human Dignity & the Gospel: Forming Faith Communities Through People Before Projects | Travis Collins & Habacuc Diaz-Lopez
- Leadership & the New Humanity: The Missional potential of the 5-Fold | Tim Keel & JR Woodward
- Leading Change, Reconciliation, & Transformation | Jo Anne Lyon & Efrem Smith
- Preaching (to) the Human Story | Howard-John Wesley & Brian Zahnd
- Recovering the Blessed Alliance | Carolyn Custis James & Frank A. James
- Resurrectional Ecclesiology | Don Coleman & Corey Widmer
- The Prevenient Grace of God & the Hope of the Resurrection | Roger Olson & Ben Witherington
- Toward a More Human(e) Discourse of Sexuality | Kristyn Komarnicki & Christopher West
Session 2 Workshops
- Back and Forth from Earth to Heaven: Two Moms’ Daily Adventures in the Resurrected Life | Cyd Holsclaw & Helen Lee
- Divine Sex: Searching for Truth that Transforms | Jonny Grant & Cherith Nordling
- Finding Common Ground Around the Resurrection: Reformed & Arminian Hopes for Transformation | Frank A. James & Roger Olson
- Hearing God: Christianity’s Audacious Affirmation | Keith Matthews & Mark Moore
- Maleness & Fatherhood: Real Men Live into Christ’s Resurrection | Mark Brewer & Don Coleman
- Prayer as Formation of True Humanity | Mia Chang & Brian Zahnd
- Radical Reconciliation: A Resurrectional Vision for Engaging Racial Division | Leroy Barber & David Fitch
- Redeeming Sex | Bruxy Cavey & Deb Hirsch
- Redefining Success & Finding Opportunity in Failure | J.R. Briggs & Mandy Smith
- Resurrectional Life in the Neighborhood | Dennis Edwards & Dan White Jr.
- Synergy Women’s Network: Past, Present, & Moving Forward with Missio Alliance | Carolyn Custis James & Haley Grey Scott
- Theology of the Body & the Mission of Marriage | Christopher West with Gannon & Carey Simms
- What if the Incarcerated are Truly Human? | Lisa Sharon Harper & Efrem Smith
- Your Story + Opportunity = Vocation Resurrected | Deborah Loyd & Natasha Robinson
How Much Will This Cost? Up To You!
You can name your own price! We're asking for a minimum fee to help offset our basic costs, but we're so excited for as many people to benefit from these resources as possible, that you can decide for yourself what any of the downloads are worth to you.
Thanks in advance for your support of the work that God has called us to. We pray the perspectives and conversations represented in these recordings are a significant benefit to you in life and ministry!
Missio Alliance Comment Policy
The Missio Alliance Writing Collectives exist as a ministry of writing to resource theological practitioners for mission. From our Leading Voices to our regular Writing Team and those invited to publish with us as Community Voices, we are creating a space for thoughtful engagement of critical issues and questions facing the North American Church in God’s mission. This sort of thoughtful engagement is something that we seek to engender not only in our publishing, but in conversations that unfold as a result in the comment section of our articles.
Unfortunately, because of the relational distance introduced by online communication, “thoughtful engagement” and “comment sections” seldom go hand in hand. At the same time, censorship of comments by those who disagree with points made by authors, whose anger or limited perspective taints their words, or who simply feel the need to express their own opinion on a topic without any meaningful engagement with the article or comment in question can mask an important window into the true state of Christian discourse. As such, Missio Alliance sets forth the following suggestions for those who wish to engage in conversation around our writing:
1. Seek to understand the author’s intent.
If you disagree with something the an author said, consider framing your response as, “I hear you as saying _________. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, here’s why I disagree. _____________.
2. Seek to make your own voice heard.
We deeply desire and value the voice and perspective of our readers. However you may react to an article we publish or a fellow commenter, we encourage you to set forth that reaction is the most constructive way possible. Use your voice and perspective to move conversation forward rather than shut it down.
3. Share your story.
One of our favorite tenants is that “an enemy is someone whose story we haven’t heard.” Very often disagreements and rants are the result of people talking past rather than to one another. Everyone’s perspective is intimately bound up with their own stories – their contexts and experiences. We encourage you to couch your comments in whatever aspect of your own story might help others understand where you are coming from.
In view of those suggestions for shaping conversation on our site and in an effort to curate a hospitable space of open conversation, Missio Alliance may delete comments and/or ban users who show no regard for constructive engagement, especially those whose comments are easily construed as trolling, threatening, or abusive.